Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Brayden loves

There are so many things that Brayden loves. It has been so fun watching him become so interested in things. He really like shoes and likes to put them on and walk around. He puts on my high heels, but I know Jared wouldn't appreciate that picture very much. A few weeks ago Brayden started to love reading. I have tried since he was born to read to him. Until now it only lasted a few seconds, but now he will sit for a long time and read. He will hand you a book and then turn around for you to pick him up and put him on your lap to read the story. It is so cute. We checked out a bunch of books from the library, most of them were about trucks, tractors, and trains. He seems to be especially into those.
We find him reading his books by himself too. He usually is pointing at the wheels or birds that are in the book.
A few weeks ago at church we had brought some books for Brayden to look at so he would be quiet. We brought him one of his animal books, and Jared would quietly wisper in his ear the sound that the animal would make. This continued for a while, and then Brayden moved on. A few minutes later we hear Brayden so we look over to see him sitting on the bench with his book saying, "baah, baah, baah, baah." right in the middle of church. It was so funny. I have been pretty desperate to find things to keep Brayden quiet at church so I got an idea to try stickers; it worked for a while. He likes to put the sticker on the paper and then take them off over and over. We usually end up with stickers everywhere, but he is having fun.
Lately we have been going to Storytime at the library. Brayden loves to do the actions to the songs. Brayden is doing the actions to head, shoulders, knees and...
...toes. I love it when he clapps at the end.
Brayden is also into football. Whenever it is on TV he clapps, fist his hand for the "fight, fight, fight" part of the CU fight song, and will do the touchdown signal. I am glad he likes football, I just hope in four months he is not sick of it.

1 comment:

Cale, Hailey, Kira & Cole said...

Very cute pictures. It's funny that they are into a lot of the same things. They are going to have fun in a few weeks when they get to hang out. By the way we need to talk about halloween.