Thursday, August 7, 2008

Brayden's eating habits

Brayden is a pretty good eater. He loves fruit and especially loves saying "nanas" (some call them bananas). I have to save the fruit until after he eats his meat and veggies or he just wants more fruit. He likes turkey sandwiches and has been loving pulled pork. Brayden uses a lot of signs while he eats. He signs "eat", "more", "drink", "please", and "all done". He usually signs "all done" and then starts getting out of his chair. Once I get him out and clean him up, it is basically a race back to my chair. He'll crawl up the chair and act like he is ready to have another meal. It is pretty funny, but can be a little frustrating when you have a plate of food that can end up on the floor so quickly. I make pancakes a few times a week and Brayden like them, and this day was no exception. I had just gotten him out of his highchair and cleaned up. I was finishing cooking some pancakes and I turned around and Brayden was crawling up on the table to get some. When Brayden realized he was busted he looked so disappointed. I had to get some pictures, which he loved, because he was able to sit on the table a little longer. He thought it was so fun to eat on top of the table.
Brayden loves corn and we have been eating mostly corn on the cob. I usually cut it off and feed it to him that way. When he saw how Jared was eating it he wanted to give it a try. So we left him take a few bites. The next day at lunch I gave the corn and he went to town on it. He thought it was so fun to eat it that way.

This is kinda nasty, but he is really getting some good bites.

1 comment:

Edwards Family said...

I LOVE IT!!!!! I miss you!! Your weekend with the football families sounds soo much fun....let me know how the new job is going....it has been a little CRAZY here...i keep telling myself I chose to go to the new school...i need to catch up with you!