Sunday, August 10, 2008

Surprise trip to Boise

The month of August is a lonely month for me. Jared spends most of the day at work getting ready for football season. The weekend before football camp started he came home from work and told me that I should head back to Boise for a while. We made the flight arrangements and decided that I wouldn't tell my family. It was a hard week trying to keep my mouth shut, and not blowing the surprise. I was busy all week getting ready for my trip and early Friday morning Brayden and I hopped on a plane heading to Boise. I had made arrangements to have Rhonda come pick us up at the airport and take me out to my parents. We would get to the house and I would ring the door bell and they would be totally shocked when they saw who it was. Well they were totally shocked. My mom answered the door and was in disbelief that it was me standing there. Libby quickly came to the door and the screaming began. The screaming caused Brayden to get a little upset. It was a fun surprise, and I still can't believe that I pulled it off. It was a great time to visit because of all that was going on while I was there. I think the best part was that my Grandpa Mac was staying with my parents for the weekend. Brayden had so much fun with him. He immediately wanted Grandpa Mac to hold him and loved stealing bites from his plate. The best was when Brayden tried to walk in Grandpa Mac's shoes. I just feel bad because I don't know how much sleep he got while we were there. Brayden was cutting a tooth and not sleeping very well in the night. Saturday was the Idaho Cup and while we didn't win any of the races we did run third and a fourth place. There was a lot of family that came to the race; it was great to see everyone. Brayden's favorite part of the horse races were the tractors that go around the track between the races. If you got to close he would get a little nervous and give you his nervous pinch.It was a very hot day and by the time we got back to the car Brayden was pretty sweaty, so his hair stood up very easily.

Brayden loves Grandpa's boots. He knows that when shoes are on he gets to go outside. Most times he will bring me my shoes so I will go outside. While we were visiting he liked trying on Grandpa's boots. I was surprised, but he actually could walk around in them. He would do "happy feet" in them and just think that was so cool.Late Sunday afternoon we headed down to see Teresa, and take a walk on the green belt. I love the green belt. We saw several boaters, birds, and dogs; which Brayden loved.

No comments: