Friday, July 25, 2008

CU Family Retreat

We have been busy and on the go all summer; this retreat was a great way to end Jared's summer. Our family and the rest of the CU football families drove to Glenwood Springs for the weekend. It was a wonderful time full of many activities. When we arrived on Friday we had dinner and then headed over to Glenwood Hot Springs pool. It is the largest natural hot springs in the US. It was a lot of fun, and Brayden was being really brave in the water. He would put his head under and was being thrown up in the air really high by his dad. When we got back to the hotel they had set up a fire pit and all the kids were able to roast marshmallows and make s'mores. Brayden liked saying "hot" the whole time, but not many could tell that is what he was saying.

The next morning a few of the families woke up early to take a bike ride up the canyon. This was so much fun. Brayden hung out in the bike trailer and even got a nap in. It was a beautiful ride up the canyon right next to the river. We got out and let Brayden play around for a bit. He loved throwing the rocks into the river. It doesn't matter what we are doing...he is always happy when we are outside.

When we got back from the bike ride we headed up to Glenwood Cavern Adventure Park. We had a great lunch and then headed out for a cave tour. We were only on the tour for about 3 minutes. It was during nap time and Brayden just wasn't up for listen to some girl talk about a cave. So we left, put Brayden in the stroller and he fell asleep 2 minutes later. While he was asleep Jared climbed the rock wall and I waited in line to go on Swing Shot. The ride launches you 1,300 feet above the river and you are going about 50 mph. It was crazy. I was freaking out as we approached the front of the line, but it was so worth it. The view was awesome. Jared and I both went on the Canyon Flyer, which is basically a single coaster and you control your speed. It was a lot of fun, but didn't compare to the Swing Shot. That evening all the children stayed with the babysitters and the adults went out to have a nice dinner. It was nice to have a break and have a few hours with the adults. I was having a great time until I called the sitters and check up on Brayden. They told me that he was really tired, but he wouldn't go to sleep and had been fussing and crying for about an hour. After I heard that I was ready to go get him. When we walked into the room I saw Brayden who was covered in green and blue water color paint and the sitter told me that he had put pizza in her ear. I have to say I am not surprised. The next morning we headed home from our exciting weekend.

No comments: