Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween

Fall is my favorite season, so it is easy for us to love Halloween at our house. We started our Halloween festivities by going to the pumpkin patch. It was a field trip for Reagan's preschool, but all the siblings came. There were 11 kids and three adults. We were a bit out numbered. The kids had a great time seeing all the different pumpkins, going through a rope maze, getting really wet having duck races, and checking out all the animals.  

I love Dallin's cheese face. He has been giving us this face for a while now. I can't get enough of it. I makes me laugh every time. You will notice it in most of the pictures. 

I took the kids to the library to decorate a spooky gingerbread house. The kids had a lot of fun making their house's scary. They are both looking so big.
 
I didn't think I would be able to mange the decorating of three houses so I had just gave Dallin a graham cracker with frosting and a candy to play with while I help the other kids. I turned around a few minutes later to find him covered with chocolate frosting.

The night before Halloween we finally carved our pumpkins. Brayden's pumpkin was Darth Vadar; which was pretty difficult to carve. Reagan's pumpkin was snow white. Dallin's didn't carve a pumpkin this year. We put glow sticks in our pumpkin this year and they looked super cool.
Earlier in the day we had a preschool Halloween party at our house. Dallin had to be in all the pictures. The kids had a great time having our spooky lunch. We had witch fingers (string cheese with red bell peppers for the nails), ghost juice (juice box wrapped in white crate paper with ghost eyes drawn on it), jack-o-lantern jello, and mummy pizza. They had a lot of fun seeing their friends in costume.
 
Brayden was a Special Forces Army guy. He not only had the costume, but the attitude as well.
I was able to get one picture with a smile, what a great smile he has!

Reagan was Snow White, she loved acting like a princess too. We colored her hair black and she even got to wear some make up. I think she is the fairest of them all.


Dallin was a cow, with a big bum. It was so cute, but he didn't think it was all that cute on Halloween. He wore it at our ward party just fine, so I think he was mad cause he was a bit tired. So he soon became mad cow, and he ended up wearing a orange Halloween sweatshirt. He did like the candy bag, and he had a death grip on it the entire night. Once we got home it was near melt down just to get it out of his hand. That boys loves his treats. All the kids went down the street and back, then Dallin and I came home to hand out candy. Brayden and Reagan went for another hour. They came home with so much candy. This is one of the first Halloween's that I let him have candy when the label said "may contain peanuts", so we found out really quick he liked eating the "Skit Skats" or also known as Kit Kats. Here they are with all their candy. Once they got home they had a great time handing out candy to the trick or treaters. We had a great Halloween!
 

No comments: