Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Grandma & Libby's May visit

Brayden and Kira enjoyed Grandma's visit. They also were excited that Libby also was able to come visit. These two are really the best of friends. They really try hard to share, but sometimes it is hard. Brayden loves the sandbox and can play out there for long periods of time; which I love. I do not love the sand that ends up all over...and I mean all over. We almost always have to have a shower after playing in the sandbox.

We had a lot of fun taking the kids to the zoo. I really appreciate when my family is in town and I have help on these types of outings. We had a lot of fun watching the gorillas, even though the kids still call them monkeys.
Brayden likes to sit in his stroller; which amazes me. The kids doesn't still to save his life, but yet at the zoo he enjoys it for a little while, but I will take all I can get. As we were leaving one of the areas we came across these drums. The kids loved them. They would just run from each drum pounding on them over and over. I know Brayden thought it was pretty cool he could make so much noise and not have someone telling him to be quiet. He attempted leaving the drums several times before we were actually able to leave.
We packed a lunch and were able to eat on some benches. The kids thought it was fun to climb up and down the steps. This is Brayden's "cheese" smile for pictures. You can see Kira doesn't know quite what to think of it.
We had another great day at the zoo!We spent Friday morning at the Erie Rec center swimming. The kids seemed to enjoy it, but Brayden wasn't too interesting in showing off his swimming skills. I hope he hasn't forgotten them. On Saturday we all headed up to Brainard Lake to take a little hike. When we got up there we realized it was a little to early in the season; the road was still closed due to snow. We were able to get out and hike up to the first lake; Red Rock Lake. It was so pretty with the white snow and the blue lake. I felt like it took me forever to hike to the lake the extra baby weight was very noticeable. Brayden loved the hike and wanted to walk on the snow even if the road was bare. He would walk off the road so he could walk in the snow. He had so much fun "hiking".
Once we got to the lake Brayden thought it was so fun to throw rocks into the lake. He would walk back to the path fill his pockets and hands with rocks and then walk over the snow to the side of the lake and beginning throwing them in. He was really sad when it was time to leave. He kept saying, "throw them in one more time".
We had a little picnic when we returned to the car. Brayden dropped a grape on the street and a bird came and ate, so then many grapes ended up on the ground. We had a great time with our guests. It is crazy to me that the next time my mom is here I will be getting ready to have a baby. It is getting closer and closer.

No comments: