Saturday, February 28, 2009

Our new roommates

Hailey and her family have been staying with us and I hope it has been as fun for them as it has been for us. I know she is anxious to get settled into their own place before her baby comes, but we have really enjoyed having them around. We had fondue dessert on Saturday night, we let the kids use toothpicks to dip their strawberries in the chocolate. The tasty treat was enjoyed by them both. We also made cupcakes, and they have learned they want to be around when cupcakes are being made so they can have a little batter. They both end up a mess, but they love it.

They play pretty well together and like always Kira has learned some of Brayden's tricks. She is no longer scared of the giraffe tent we have, and she dives into the ball pit without fear. She also thinks it is a fun game to have timeout; so she'll touch the TV stand and run over to the stairs (the time out step) yelling, "sit, sit". It is pretty funny. Uncle Cale also showed them how to play hide and seek and that has become a house favorite. However, I don't know if Brayden likes playing it or just saying , "one more, one more" every time he finds the person. I think Kira loves waiting behind the blanket more than she likes looking for the person. It has been really fun having them here, especially the night they watched Brayden and Jared and I went on our first date since Brayden was born.

No comments: