Sunday, February 15, 2009

February trip to Boise

In February I traveled back to Boise for a dance competition that I help with. Brayden of course came with as we spent about two weeks in Boise. A week before we left we received news that Hailey's plans had changed and they were no longer moving to Seattle they would be moving to Colorado. I of course was very excited to have some family near by. Cale arrived at our house before I left so we thought it would be fun to send the dads some Valentine's Day cookies. We had the kids help make them. And decorate them. Brayden had fun putting on the candy sprinkles until he tried one and then there was no more decorating, just eating. He did decorate a few that I sent to Jared, with a warning because Brayden had a runny nose and was coughing all over the cookies too, so I told Jared to eat at his own risk.Brayden showing Kira his loving side, such a tight gripping hug.While we were visiting Kira gave us a little scare, and we had to call 911. Kira was fine and the kids got rescue hats from the firemen that came to the house. He thought the hat was pretty cool and the fire truck was awesome, they even gave him a honk goodbye as they drove away.
My cousin Jef and his wife Kara were in Boise while we were there. Brayden loved hanging out with another male of course. He enjoyed building blocks with Jef. It was really good to see them, the timing worked out great!

Our plane ride home was a great because Hailey and Kira were on our flight. I am really excited to have them staying with us for awhile. It will almost be like I am still on vacation.

No comments: