Since returning from our fun Christmas break Dallin has not gone to bed very good. He was struggling in Boise and it carried over since we returned. After a few days he was doing better, but even when he would go to bed without crying he would wake up in the night. One night Reagan asked if she could sleep in her new bed. It is a super cute trundle bed, but it is in Dallin's room.
Since Dallin hasn't been sleeping well we didn't want to add Reagan into the situation just yet. Jared and I looked at each other when she asked and shrugged our shoulders and said, "why not". I doubted it could get much worse. I gave Reagan all her instructions. I let her know he was probably going to cry, maybe throw his binkies, and shake his crib railing. I told her to just lay there and ignore him and she could not leave the room. She was still really excited to sleep in her bed. We did our good night routine, and as soon as I shut the door Dallin started crying. I went downstairs and in less than a minute no more crying. I didn't know what was happening but I was confident that Reagan would be coming down the stairs any minute, and the crying would begin again. I waited for her to emerge from the stairs and she never did. I was amazed when I realized it had been 30 minutes and I hadn't heard a sound from their room. I went up to check on them and found them both fast asleep and Reagan had given Dallin one of her little pillows from her bed. The next morning she told me all about how she helped him go to sleep. She sang him lullabies and then gave him her pillow. We have learned that he loves the pillow. Since that night he has went to bed so good with a pillow. He now has his own pillow, and we recently picked out some fabric to make a new case. They have been sleeping so good together.
Apparently, is doesn't even have to be a pillow just something soft. Like a diaper. On Sunday he was going through the diaper bag and pulled out one of his diapers. He was playing with it and I didn't care because he was doing it quietly and Jared and I were actually able to listen. About 5 minutes later I leaned over to check on him and found him fast asleep on his soft fluffy diaper half way into the aisle. Luckily, the next two hours of church were also held in the Chapel so he spent the next hour on the floor taking a nap. 

2 comments:
Who knew all along that a pillow was the answer! Good job to Reagan for being such great big sister. It makes me think maybe I could try Cade in with Cole.....probably wishful thinking.
That is great! I was so worried about Olivia and Abby sleeping together but she helps her as well. Just knowing someone else is there makes her feel better! I don't think we will ever get the church nap though.
Post a Comment