Monday, May 20, 2013

Their room

We finally finished the kid's room. This is one of our first rooms we painted, over a year and a half ago. It is pretty crazy how life can really take up so much of your time. Don't mind the blackout curtain hanging in their room, it is our temporary fix for helping the kids go to sleep when it is still so bright out. The kids love to sleep in the same room, but ever since Reagan no longer goes to bed with a binkie it has been a bit more challenging to get these two to sleep. If we can get Reagan to bed first, then we usually have them both asleep by 8:30. If we try to put them to bed at the same time, it is usually close to 10 before they are both asleep. They do have a great time playing, and they are the best of friends. It can be fun to listen to them, when I am not tired and wanting to go to bed myself. The left wall has some pictures of our family. Above their bed is their initial. Above their book shelf is a board that has all the Articles of Faith on it. On the right wall there is a picture of the Boise Temple and a growth chart. I love having the growth chart in their room. We try to add their heights on their birthdays. 
On the opposite wall is their dresser. Each of them have a basket that they can keep their things in. You can see Reagan loves to keep everything. We also hang their artwork on their wall to display.
Reagan needed to be in all the pictures I took, she loves her letter or as she yells, "It's my letter!"
The kids have been doing a great job making their beds each morning. They are both so proud to do their part.
I had to share, although the picture does not do it justice, this was the most brilliant rainbow I think I have ever seen. You could even see the difference between the blue and violet. For a moment there was a second rainbow above it. It was a great way to end the day.

1 comment:

Deidra said...

You did a great job on their room! I remember you working on it. :) I'm glad I get to see the finished product. Very cute!