Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Grandma & Libby's Visit

Over the next few weeks I worked really hard to get settled in the new house. I was also taking a training class for my new job. Oh and trying to be a good mom and do a few fun things with Brayden. Before I knew it June was here. I was excited for June because my mom and sister Libby were coming for a visit. My mom flew in on Tuesday night and we spent Wednesday trying to shop for the house. I say trying because we came up empty. Thursday Libby flew in and after picking her up we headed to south Denver to the Container Store. If you haven't ever been to the Container Store you should go. It is awesome, we were there for over an hour. I left with something to organize the playroom and a few other goodies. On Friday we went to the Denver Zoo. I wasn't so sure how Brayden would do at the zoo, but we was very entertained by all the animals. He really liked to look at them and see what they were doing. He especially liked the birds at the animal show. Unfortunately, I forgot to charge my camera battery so I only got one picture of him looking into the gorilla cage. I have a feeling we will be back soon, so I'll have to get some picture then.
Saturday we got up and hiked Mount Sanitas. A friend of Jared's had mentioned it was a "good" hike, we didn't know that meant hard. We hike was a 3 mile loop with an elevation gain of 1255 ft. We basically climbed stairs for over an hour. It was well worth the effort, the views at the top were amazing. I would like to say this was a picture after the hike, but it was on our way to the hike.That afternoon we decided to go to the pool. I haven't attempted to take Brayden swimming, I have been waiting for Jared to help me out, so we thought this would be a great time. Brayden seemed to think it was fun, but he didn't understand why it didn't feel like warm bath water. After about 10 minutes his bottom lips was quivering and we decided to head home.
On Sunday we had a small celebration for Jared's 30th birthday and Monday we were able to do some more shopping and meet Jared for lunch.
We had a lot of fun with our visitors talking walks and hanging out at the community park. We were sad to see them leave.

1 comment:

Heather said...

How was your visit to Boise?? Did you make it to Amity Ward? Check my blog, I got caught in a game of tag and you're it! Heather